Tuesday, July 21, 2009

THE FLORIDA BAR EXAM


With only one week to go until the biggest exam of my life, I am starting to feel a little at ease with all the material I have to keep up with. I must admit that throughout this entire two month hiatus, I have become astonished at the amount of information the human brain is capable of retaining and processing. When I first started studying out of the 14 volumes of books I received courtesy of Barbri, I felt like a swimmer in the middle of the ocean with no hope of being able to stay above water long enough to be rescued. As the days and weeks have progressed, I slowly felt the sea begin to calm and for the first time I actually felt a glimmer of hope that I might be able to pass this exam on the first try!


I've also noticed lately that I really miss thinking like a normal person. I legally analyze EVERYTHING I encounter. I sat on the beach a few days ago analyzing the rights of a little girl who lost her beach ball and the family that subsequently found it a few hours later. I can't drive by a construction site without analyzing attractive nuisance or possible negligence and strict liability claims. I can't go into a store without thinking about the duties owed to an invitee.


One thing's for sure - even after days and days of nothing but studying for the bar I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the law. I'm so grateful to have found my passion in life and can't wait to be able to use my skills and abilities to help others.


0 Comments: