Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WE DID IT!!!


Yes, that's right, WE did it! On May 16, 2009 we graduated from law school. What a huge accomplishment for our family. Even though I was the only one who could walk across the stage and accept the degree, getting through law school was definitely a concerted family effort that required sacrifice on everyone's part. I am so thankful to my family for sticking by my side thorughout this endeavor and allowing me to fulfill my dream of becoming an attorney.


As I reflect back on the last seven years since I started undergraduate school a flood of emotions sweeps over me. It's amazing to think that my children were 3, 4, 6 and 7 when I first started school and now they seem so grown up. It's hard to imagine life without Mommy in school, but I can't wait to start a new chapter with them. Looking back, one of the things I have been able to appreciate the most is quality time with my children. Although it can be hard at times to balance school, family, church and work, it is always nice to feel needed by my children. No longer do I take for granted the time I spend with them even if it's just to walk the dog or take a quick trip to the store.


I am especially grateful to my wonderful husband for being so supportive of my endeavor. Without him, fulfilling my dream would have been impossible and I have come to truly respect the amazing man that he is. This time has also allowed my children to develop a deep bond with their father; an opportunity most children rarely get these days.


So here's to you my family, without whom I could have never soared to new heights. Each of you truly are the wind beneath my wings.

0 Comments: