Sunday, November 16, 2008

Philadelphia

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to take a much needed break from law school and spend a weekend with one of my dear friends who recently moved to Philly. We had sooooo much fun together! Although the weekend was way too short and went by way too fast, we packed in so many activites into the 48 hours I spent there. On Friday we toured Independence Hall and the Betsy Ross house, took a carriage ride through Society Hill, visited Ben Franklin's grave and homesite, saw the Liberty Bell and ate lunch at City Tavern. Saturday we got up early and took the train downtown to attend Time Out For Women. What a wonderful, spiritual, uplifting event that was. I missed TOFW when it was held in Florida earlier this year because of a test I had to take in Gainsville, but I'm so glad I had the opportunity to attend with a wonderful friend. After TOFW, we hopped back on the train and went to Valley Forge for the evening. I truly felt that I was on hollowed ground in Valley Forge. I love visiting historical places, especially when it involves being able to learn about our Forefathers and the sacrifices they made for all of us.
The pictures here are of the Betsy Ross House, George Washington's House (built by him), and Independence Hall.




0 Comments: